1. In Alabama, it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.
2. It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.
3. In California, bathhouses are against the law.
4. It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
5. Women may not drive in a housecoat.
6. In Florida, if an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
7. It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
8. Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
9. In Louisiana, it is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.
10. In New York, a fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.
11. The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
12. In Ohio, it is illegal to get a fish drunk.
13. In Texas, The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.