Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers

I didn't write about dads yesterday. I never did get on the computer. Even though my husband would have shared, I didn't ask him to. I did fix him fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, and salad--his very favorite meal. He was very happy. He thanked me several times and told me how good it was several times. You would think I would cook this meal more often for him. He is a good dad to our two children.

I've written about my dad before. I feel like when I was a child I didn't know my dad very well. He was pretty strict, and I was somewhat afraid of him. I got to know him better when I was grown. He was a good man. I'm glad he was my father.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I got to know your dad better than I ever thought in those last few months and years. I remember him showing me how Mike would protect anyone even against himself (your dad). Your dad grabbed my wrist and pretended to shake it, and Mike growled at him and put his mouth around your dad's arm. Mike had a look in his eyes of "don't make me hurt you daddy" He was a very good man, I say.
P.S. To those not related...Mike was a dog..a very smart dog.

Momstheword said...

I'm glad he was your father. I'm glad my sister was your mother. Yes, he was a very good man, honest almost to a fault, if that is possible. He never took advantage of his customers at his shop, he always was straightforward with them and never charged for those "extras" some mechanics are noted for. He changed after he got sick or rather after M. died. He softened up and talked about things in his life that he never discussed with us before. He talked about the Lord to everyone he came in contact with. Did you know that?