Wednesday, April 8, 2009

And One Thing Led to Another

Monday I accidentally left two reports on my desk under a couple papers. I thought they were "no tape" reports which meant no one else would be assigned those numbers by the computer. Well, one really was a report with an uploaded dictation. So one of my co-workers along with two others had to look and look for it and finally found it hiding on my desk (however unintentional the hiding was).

So the next day they gave me what for--off and on for about 3 to 4 hours. It was pure joy.

So yesterday I decided to do almost the same thing I had accidentally done on Monday with a few changes: I left all reports in plain sight and I confided in one of my co-workers what I had done so she could tell anyone looking for a report that it was on my desk--before everyone got up in arms again.

It should have been at least a little bit funny. Maybe it was, but three of the worker bees decided vengeance was needed. When I came in this morning, my bulletin board papers were upside down; my big calendar was set on a different month; many things on my desk were changed to the opposite side; my phone and mouse were taped so they wouldn't work, my short metal filing cabinet was taped so securely I thought it was really locked (and it was moved to the opposite side of the desk); and last and certainly the most irritating: my computer display was moved to the right so I couldn't see the right-hand buttons, and I couldn't find a way to fix it.

Well, everything got straightened out by about 0830. But I'm going to change my evil ways. No more jokes, even though my kidding wasn't personal!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like fun. I'm glad you work with good people. You need to get in trouble every once in a while.