Tuesday, September 30, 2008

War Business

Gary's surgery went really well yesterday. For the first procedure he was in the operating room for about 1 3/4 hours. For the breakup and removal of the very large kidney stone, he was in surgery over three hours. He will feel like he has had a knife stab to the kidney for a while, and he will be very bruised. The doc says he will be in the hospital two or three night.

Today our son Aaron is having a different procedure to remove a kidney stone that he has been trying to pass for a month. He will need someone with him for 24 hours. I plan to leave him for an hour here and there so I can go to the hospital to see Gary. Usually when a family member is in the hospital I stay all day there, but I guess I won't be able to today.

Thanks for praying.


Jen said...

Wish I could be there.

Momstheword said...

Me, too. Put the pastor to work (or someone). Would he (the pastor) be better suited to sitting with G. or embarrassing A. by sitting with him? Neither will be very interested in visiting I'm sure. Glad it's gone well. Hopefully with A. also.

QOTW said...

Aaron's surgery went well. He still has a stint in his "you know." It will be taken out on Monday. Pretty painful to urinate.

The silver lining: I've gotten to know the doctor better and some of the staff at the hospital. Yay!

QOTW said...

Jen and Moms, we should have planned a family reunion. It would have been fun!!!

Jessican said...

oh, wow. Sorry to hear about the "wars".

Hope everyone will be feeling better soon and I hope that you will be getting some well deserved rest soon.

We are praying for everyone.

Robin said...

Glad your husband's surgery went well and hope that everything goes well for your son too!

I just saw in your comment that everything went well for your son too! Wonderful!

Julie said...

So now that we know the boys are gonna be okay, we need to double our prayers for you. The recovery period will be mighty bleak on the care giver me thinks.