1. One time somebody marked on the window in the house in the condensation there. My mom made Gail and me sit in the living room behind the arm chair to discuss who had done it because one of us was going to be in trouble. My dad came home at lunch and said he did it accidentally.
2. My sister, a neighbor girl and I were in a beauty contest and two neighbor boys were the judges. Gail won. I lost.
3. My sister loved to read. She was a reader before I was. (She was two years younger than I was.)
4. I gave my sister a hard time sometimes, but when anyone else tried to bother her, I was there to take care of her.
5. When Gail was little she had big freckles, glasses and a gap between her two front teeth. She was a beautiful little sister.
6. Gail and I both took piano lessons and because I was older, I learned more quickly. As a result she wasn't very interested in learning piano. As she got older she learned the French horn and took singing lessons. She was a very talented musician.
7. When Gail and I were doing dishes (I washed; she dried), that's when we got into the most trouble. We started throwing water or making a lot of noise. Doing dishes sometimes resulted in spankings. Gail usually got the worst end of the deal because I stood in a gap next to fridge and Gail was right out where Mom could get her more easily.
8. One year when we went to Bible camp, we both got to worrying and crying about whether we were really saved or not. I think we got it settled, at least temporarily.
9. Gail always had more and better friends than I did. She was my main friend most of the time.
10. When we were grown and married, at one point Gary and I were having some pretty serious money problems and didn't have much money for anything. She made sure to get me things I needed.
11. When our children were born, she thought of my children as being partly hers and I thought of her baby as being partly mine. As the kids grew up, we didn't feel as strongly about that.
12. When my parents died, Gail and I and our sister-in-law went through the folks' things. Having Gail there made the job easy.
13. Gail was my best friend and a wonderful Christian person. I loved to spend time with her.