1. "Voila" (with an accent mark over the "a") is the spelling for what some people type as "wa la" or "wah la" and is pronounced "vwah la".
2. "Then" rhymes with "when". To remember the spelling of it, ask "When did it happen? Then is when it happened."
3. "Than" rhymes with "an". Say, "It is bigger than an egg."
4. Remember, "The cat has lain on the hat until it is flat." I haven't seen anyone using "lain" lately. How can we cause grammar revolution if we don't work at it?
5. We had steak on the grill today. Ummm.
6. My husband has been working on one or two kidney stones for a couple of days. Good times.
7. Gary and I sang a duet at church yesterday. I don't sing solos anymore and haven't for a long time. (Nathaniel, tell me about your schooling.)
8. I talked to Bryan, my brother-in-law, yesterday. Ben just graduated from college. Bryan is doing well.
9. My nephew, Caleb, and his wife also just graduated. Caleb has his master's degree.
10. My mother's birthday was yesterday. She has been gone for 10 1/2 years. I would be so glad to see her.
11. It's been raining off and on all day. The rain is wonderful even if it precludes a picnic. And rain is much better than tornadoes.
12. I talked to my Aunt Io. She has new kitties at her house.
13. It's great to have four days off. I took Tuesday off. We're not doing much, but that's okay. Jen, I got a purse. Thanks for it and the book. Grrrrreat!
14. I like northern Colorado but I would like to be closer to family.
15. The people on the corner have a Chinese pug. A cutie pie.
I think that's it for now.