1. When I was really young my family lived in Pueblo by the river and we had a black dog.
2. I once sat on my dad's lap and tried to push hard against him to try to make him not breathe.
3.When I wanted to talk to my mom but couldn't interrupt while she was talking to someone else, she would tuck my hand into the bend of her elbow while I waited.
4. I put my cat into a paint can and closed the lid in order to carry it around. It was a great carrier, but wasn't so good for the cat.
5. Once while my mom was visiting with someone in the kitchen, I cleaned the bathroom floor with baking soda and a toothbrush.
6. I once had a sore on my knee that wasn't healing and was about to turn into blood poisoning. I had to soak my knee several times a day in a dishpan.
7. My sister and I sometimes rode our bikes around the block 100 times to test ourselves. That was 400 blocks of riding.
8. Sometimes my sister and I pretended our bicycles were horses and we put ropes on the handlebars and they were the reins.
9. Once in a while my sister and I had 35 cents each and went over to the drug store a block away and had sodas. Umm.
10. My sis, the neighbor kids and I took old boards and outlined rooms and houses and played house.
11. In a neighborhood beauty contest, which included my sis, another girl and me, I came in last. Of course the two judges were the brother of the other girl and the boyfriend of my sister.
12. I started a club once and the dues I collected I buried in a plastic candy cigarette case at the corner of the house. I dug several times in that area and never could find the 7 cents.
13. Back then we could burn weeds out in the yard. When I played in the fire, my mom or dad would say that it would cause me to wet the bed. That happened often enough that I thought it must be true.