Thursday, May 8, 2008

13 Rude Things

1. Boys who keep their hats on in the building. I know it's common practice, but it seems a little disrespectful and definitely not beautiful.

2. Curse words. Again I think they are disrespectful. Also they show a definite lack of vocabulary.

3. Showing too much skin. I don't really like to see other people's body parts even if there is no fat involved. Besides, fat is the new thin. Oh, yes it is.

4. People chewing with their mouths open. Not a beautiful sight.

5. People who don't hear my questions or answers because they aren't listening. This shows they don't care or that I'm interrupting their game-playing while they are trying to accomplish something extremely important.

6. People who give me the "evil eye" because they don't like my driving. I don't get that. What's not to like? I am the standard.

7. People who treat others like they are stupid because they don't know something that "everyone" should already know.

8. Women who don't say "thank you" when another woman holds the door open for them. Who do they think they are? They think they are more beautiful, smarter and entitled. That's who.

9. People who arrive at a practice or meeting without their music or materials.

10. Children who run screaming around the room while their parents are there listening.

11. Adults who run screaming around the room while their children are there listening.

12. People who get really irritated when you have them repeat something--surely you are the stupid one because you didn't hear it.

13. People who throw trash along the roadside.

11 comments:

Momstheword said...

Boy, we must be related! All of those things irritate me, too. But.. just a couple of nights ago I showed up at a writers' group and forgot to bring my story. It might count in my favor that I remembered to bring the one I typed up for someone else, and remembered to print off and bring copies of all my other stories. I guess I had something in each hand so I thought I had everything.

Jen said...

I hate to repeat myself but mostly that's because I have a family member that is forever having me repeat what I say because she doesn't hear it. I can only repeat myself so many time before I get irritated. And I've already hit my quota.

Julie said...

Jen shouldn't talk about her Dad like that...just a little cheeky?
I like your list. I am sometimes doing some of those annoying things...well, just maybe a little bit sometimes not meaning to. Sorry.

Robin said...

I must be related too :)

Paula said...

Hey, I do some of these things as well, and I irritate the snot out of me.

Jen, when you have to repeat things, that helps you reach you word quota. And it helps me to know what you said. Now, if it doesn't matter that I know what you said, then you won't need to repeat it.

Kay Day said...

most of those things irritate me too. But I do some of the others of them.

Julie said...

And if something isn't worth repeating than it maybe shouldn't have been said in the first place. I always get a lot of "nevermind!"'s here. I say, repeat it and say it so I can hear you or be quiet. I get grouchy when people mumble at me. :)

Donnycon said...

Hah, I only got one in before I did one of your rude things. I am inside right now with a hat on. But I am the only one here. Is that still rude?

Jen said...

That's a lie and you know it. Whenever there is a time that you don't hear what I've said, you make me repeat myself. Even if I tell you it's not important.

Paula said...

Jen, well, yah, that's true. Not only do I want to have the knowledge of what you said, I also have a terrible curiosity and the need to finish the speaking/communicating/listening to the end. And besides, my asking you to repeat something means I'm really interested in what you are saying, and I know I'll be accountable for the knowledge at some point in the future as in, "Remember, mom. I already told you that." Also, your telling me that something isn't important I interpret as "Now, you've irritated and I'm not going to say it again." If this sounds hateful, it's really not. I'm just enjoying the repartee.

Donny, that's like the question if no one is in the forest to hear a tree fall, does it still make a sound. I say based on science and the fact that sound waves are present even if no one hears, yes, it still makes a sound. (After all if the trees have eyes then maybe they have ears as well.) On the other hand, I don't believe any waves come from your wearing a hat, so I guess if there is no one there to see that you have your hat on, it isn't rude. One woman's opinion.

Momstheword said...

Yikes to some of the above. Good thing I know and understand some of these people.