Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just Get Me to My Work on Time

Yesterday when I left work, I left a lot of details undone. All the crucial stuff was done, but there were probably another ten to twenty things that still needed to be finished. So yesterday, I thought to myself that I maybe would try to get to work by 5:00am. (my usual time is 6:00am). Knowing how I move in the morning, I knew this was possibly improbable, but I thought maybe I could do just this once.

Well, at 10:00pm last night when I was getting ready for bed, I suddenly knew for certain that I wasn't going to get up before 4:00 so I could be at work at 5:00. I decided instead to really get up at 4:20 when my alarm goes off instead of punching the alarm four times like I usually do (sometimes five times). I thought that I would then get to work by about 5:30.

I did pretty well. I only punched the alarm twice when it went off. I was ready to leave the house by about 5:15. That meant I might get to work by 5:40 or 5:45. Then I remembered--I had to get gas or I might not even make it to work, and since I was going a different route I could go through McDonald's and get something for breakfast to eat on the way.

The good news is that I made it to work on time, early even, at 5:59. This is about ten to fifteen minutes earlier that I usually get to work (I make up the time at the end of the day--it works). So I can say I WAS 15 minutes early. I am both proud of myself and mostly very irritated.

Living with me is hard. I think one of the reasons I look forward to Heaven is that I will be changed, and that will be pretty miraculous. And I don't think I will have to be on time for work.

3 comments:

Momstheword said...

You have to be at work at WHAT time? Yikes. Good try, girl. I am a not very good getter upper also.

Kay Day said...

That's why I didn't like work. They didn't like me there. Especially the nurses who were waiting for me to show up so they could go home.

And also, now I have that song stuck in my head.

Paula said...

Yes, Moms, it is waaaay too early. Kay, I'm glad you knew it was a song.