Saturday, January 14, 2012

The New Year

So far, the new year feels pretty much like the old year. Same job. Same house. Save co-workers. Same family. Same me. I guess that's the main thing...the same me. I would like to make resolutions that, if kept, would change me for the better. Here's a possible list:

I will exercise everyday.

I will eat only healthy food in moderate amounts.

I will watch only television and movies that have good moral content with no violence, language or anything that would cause carnal thoughts.

I will vacuum something every day.

I will always do the dishes and wipe the counters after supper.

I will quit being a procrastinator.

I will witness to my co-workers weekly.

I will read my Bible every day and read it through every year.

I will paint my fingernails.

I will start writing my book.

And for good measure, I will strive to be perfect and not be satisfied with my imperfections.

But alas, that last one is the sticking point. For the most part, I'm okay with my imperfections. I don't expect perfection, and I don't even plan to strive for it. This is my life, and I'm okay with that.

Why spoil imperfection?

No comments: