Friday, March 13, 2009

Exciting Times!

If you've been reading my daughter's blog, you know that she is applying to go teach at a Christian school in China. She's so excited. And I'm pretty excited. Last night she called to say that she got a telephone call from China--from the principal of one of the Christian schools there. She wanted to share the joy with me, which was a wonderful thing. The only problem was that it was 9:00pm and I had had a long day (at work at 6:00am, came home and taught a piano lesson, went to church and taught a children's class, and got home about 8:30pm), so I'm afraid I was a little blah. Then she was disappointed that I wasn't more excited.

So I put on my excitement voice and shook my hands to indicate my excitement, which made her happy. Then I had to tell her that it was put on a little bit. She said she would wait till today and tell one of her friends and that she would be excited for her (even if I wasn't). I told her to call me this morning too and I would be more excited, but she said it was too late for me to show excitement. Maybe next time I'll be really really excited!

In a side note, when I started shaking my hands in excitement, my dog Riley who was sitting beside me turned to look at my hands to see what was going on. Apparently I was showing too much excitement for him!

Exciting times thinking about China and going to China and changing everything. I think God has been preparing Jen to do this for a very long time.

2 comments:

Momstheword said...

One of the young ladies in our church is in China teaching English, but not in a Christian school (I think). Anyway she and Jen connected on Facebook and I'm sure Jen will have some questions. Also "Just Ruthie" grew up on the missions field in China and she has some really interesting blogs. I told Jen about her also. I'm excited for Jen, too, but I'm not shaking my hands about it. :)

Jen said...

You felt bad didn't you? That's why you had to post this...it's okay that you were blah. I was just giving you a hard time. :)