Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fresh Fruit and Veggies

The end of summer is a wonderful time. I went to the open air market a week or so ago and got fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash. At the store I got cantaloupe, watermelon, fresh green beans and corn. It's all so delicious. And one by-product of eating all these good things is that my cholesterol is down. Yay!

When I was growing up in Pueblo over by Morton Elementary School, we had a plum tree in our backyard. It was great to go out and pick a snack. My children always loved it when we lived in a place where they could pick fruit when they were hungry. God gave us all good things to eat and just happened to make them good for our bodies.

I still want to get more green beans, corn, cucumbers and tomatoes before they are all gone. It's a lovely time of year!

2 comments:

Momstheword said...

I'd love to give you some squash but my arm is too short! If I knew you were coming down for Mr. R.s funeral I would load up some for you.

Paula said...

Who is Mr. R? Thanks for writing about me and squash in the same sentence!! (;>